but don't worry. it's really good (read: my husband eats & and likes it, despite it's healthiness). although, he was the reason for the adding the chocolate chips.
*see below for two variations.
(mostly) healthy banana bread
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
small handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips (hence the mostly healthy)
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2-2/3 cup honey (i usually do somewhere in the middle)
2 eggs, beaten
4 overripe bananas, mashed, though 3 will work if they're really large.
1. preheat oven to 350º.
2. grease 9x5 loaf pan, set aside.
3. in a large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt & chocolate chips.
4. in a medium bowl, add applesauce & honey. stir till combined. then, stir in eggs & mashed bananas.
5. add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. try not to over mix.
6. dump into loaf pan & bake for 50-55 minutes.
*here are two variations that are both great. it just depends on how healthy you're wanting it.
1. healthier banana bread: use 1 cup whole wheat, 1 cup white whole wheat, forgo chocolate chips & adjust honey to 2/3 cup.
2. healthiest banana bread: forgo chocolate chips & adjust honey to a little less than 3/4 cup.
then, you eat it. and probably go back for another piece. enjoy!