November 16, 2012

slow cooker orange cranberry turkey.

You guys, I'm on a roll. Consider this me making up for lost time.

And thank you so much for your suggestions and prayers for me during my struggle with getting a handle on life. It's helped, for sure. And for the first time in a long time, I feel like I am keeping up with life. I've even gotten better with meal planning and feeding my family. And showering.

So it's only fair that food would be a topic of this post. With Thanksgiving so close, I wanted to share one of my favorite crockpot recipes with you. I take no credit for this one, though. It comes from my fantastic friend Lindsey. And when I say "fantastic," I mean it.

I mean, just look at her.


She is such a dear friend. We can't imagine life without her--she serves us so faithfully and loves our little family so well. It's people like her that make you thankful for the blessing of friendship and community.

We love her. And we love when she feeds us (and cleans my kitchen for me). Thanks, L.


Slow cooker orange cranberry turkey
serves a lot.

Ingredients
4-5 lb. turkey breast (thawed if frozen)
1/2 cup orange juice
one can of whole cranberry sauce
one packet of onion soup mix

Directions
Plop turkey breast into crockpot. In a separate bowl, mix orange juice and soup mix together. Add cranberry sauce and mix well. Pour over turkey breast and cook for six hours. Carve and serve with mashed potatoes and a veggie. Oh, and the broth makes crazy good gravy.

*note: I usually end up getting a turkey breast that barely fits in the crockpot, so it ends up going in sideways. I don't have a baster (that would be nice), so every few hours I flip the turkey onto the opposite side to make sure it stays moist.

Enjoy!

love.

4 comments:

  1. mmm! And yes, you ARE on a roll :P
    Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that picture... it made my day. I miss that girl! (and her cooking, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing! I keep pinning all these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making this tonight, but with chicken. :)

    ReplyDelete

hey, friend! thanks for your comment--so glad you're here!