October 17, 2013

on seeing beauty in the next generation.

“Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
― pleasefindthis   

i want my daughter to know that she's beautiful. 

as she grows, i want to impart to her the truth that she is a precious, gorgeous, cherished child of God. that her worth is in so much more than appearance. and that she just needs to look in the mirror to see a masterpiece of an incredible Creator.

i want her to be confident in who she is, and the person she is ever-being shaped into. i want her to feel blessed and adored, regardless of how well she fits in with the current standards of the world, because she is beautiful. 

i want her to embrace her God-given beauty in a way that magnifies what's in her heart, and the good things that her soul is made of. so that she will learn to bring beauty to those around her, rooted firmly in the love of her Father.

i want her to, in turn, look into others and see the beauty that resides in all of us. the intricate design that reflects a well-stayed, loving hand. the grace that is extended to all, and the beauty that each of us possess. 

i want her to know and believe that a joyful soul shines through the test of time on this earth and this fragile body that wears so easily. 

and do you know how she'll learn it (or not)?
how she will shape her worldview on beauty and womanhood?

by watching me.

so today, i resolve to live the dreams i have for her, in front of her.
or try, as much as i can, every day.
because goodness, i want to teach her well.

love.

3 comments:

  1. I have tears in my eyes. Well done. I want this for my daughter, too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has so been on my heart lately - in the words I use, the actions I do - my kids see it all, and they take it to heart. I want to teach them, so show them, to encourage them they are beautiful, loved, cherished. And I know it starts with me. Thanks for the reminder, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect. I want Millie to do the same. I catch myself putting down compliments that Sky gives me, etc., and I realize that she hears that. Definitely something to work on.

    ReplyDelete

hey, friend! thanks for your comment--so glad you're here!